Brief Introduction about Aadhar Card
Citizen Of Every Country Needs His/Her Identity which Includes All Parental And Geographical and Parental Information About The Citizens. In India Unique Identification Authority Of India Provides Aadhar card To Every Indian Citizen Which is also Known As Uid Card. Your Aadhar card Stores Your Fingerprints, Retina prints and Your All other Information Like Address, Name Date Of Birth and Religion. Government Of India Provides Various subsidies and other benefits To citizens and all of them Are Now Compulsory To Be Linked With Aadhar Card.
The project Of Aadhar card making and distribution was started by Government Of India with the Help Of an agency named As Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and Uidai Started Functioning in early 2009. Earlier, Uidai faced many challenges to make aadhar card for every citizen like the long ques In aadhar enrollment Centres.Many disputes Arouse On this scheme and allegations on Uidai were made many times of data leak. Data Leak And User privacy Is the Major Challenge Faced By Uidai.
Purpose Of Making Aadhar cards
The general idea Behind issuing Aadhar card to every citizen was to identify them and provide Government schemes Related Benefits. This unique identity involved the issuance of a 12 digit Aadhaar number and an Aadhaar card. Now Linking Of Aadhar card To Other services like pan card, Voter Card, Sim Card Have been made compulsory. Main Moto Of aadhar linking and aashar seeding is to minimise corruption and keep a track of citizens without compromising with Privacy.
How To Enroll For A new Aadhar Card
Remember That Aadhar Card is Issued only Once to every citizen, You can not apply for A new aadhar card If Your aadhar card Have been Once Issued. If You Have Never Applied For aadhar card earlier You must apply for getting Your Aadhar number.
Remember that You can Not apply for New Aadhar card Online. You will Need to Visit Your Nearest Uidai centre Anywhere To register For A new Aadhar card. Here Is the Step By step tutorial for Making aadhar card.
- The first step is to book an appointment at the Aadhaar centre. This can be done online through the UIDAI website. On Online Portal Of Uidai You May fill Up Appointment form and select nearest aadhar enrollment centre and time you wish to visit the centre
- After Successfully Booking The Appointment Online For the Aadhar card, You can visit the uidai centre on the goven time along with required documents.
- Your biometric data will be collected by uidai centre.
- Once The verification and Biometric collection Is successful, you will receive a notification by SMS or an email informing you that your application has been successful.
- After some time, the Aadhaar number will be generated and sent to Your Registered Mobile Number.
Schemes connected & Importance Of aadhar card
As You Must Be Already Aware Of, Aadhar card Number Of every citizen is Unique And It contains all data related to that person. Non aadhar card holders Face Many difficulties Like they can Not Recieve Gas Subsidy. Ironically according to supreme court Guidelines Aadhar card registration is not compulsory, But as aadhar is now made manadatory In Banking Services, Birth certificate registrations etc, One may feel many difficulties in absense of aadhar number. Here Is A list Of schemes and uses Of Aadhar card
1. Identity Card
Aadhaar Is the compulsory and best identity of every citizen accepted everywhere by everyone In India. Your aadhar card Contains Your Biometric details, Your PhotoGraphs and Also Your Residential Address. ll this Data is Embedded In A QR Code Which Makes It Easy to access Aadhar data.
Indian Government Provides various Subsidies and Pensions to many citizens. Now It has Been Made Mandatory By Govt of India to Link Aadhar card With All schemes To Be Able to recieve Subsidies And Pension.
3. Bank Accounts
Gone Are the days when You could Just Open your bank account using Your Pan Card.Now All the Banks Needs aadhar card along with Pan Card To Open Bank Accounsts because Of Latest Guidelines Issued By Rbi To Make aadhar compoulsary For Banking Operations.
4. Residence proof
If You Look at Backside Of Aadhar card, You will Notice That Your Permanent address Is Written There. So You Can Also Use It As proof of residence in almost all governmental as well as non-governmental verification processes. Aadhaar is also considered a valid proof of residence.
5. Income Tax
The Income Tax Department has made it compulsory for taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with PAN. Aadhaar would now mandatorily be required while paying income tax and filing returns.
6. Phone Connection
Now sim cards Are Being Issued Only After Aadhar Ekyc. Gone are the days when You had to submit Xerox Copies Of your identy Cards and wait for 3-4 days to get sim activated. Nowadays Sim cards Are Issued And activated Instantly with aadhar E Kyc and biometric verification.
7. Gas Connection
Now Aadhar is manadatory for Existing And New cooking gas connection. Withoud aadhar card subsidy Provided By the Government will Also Be not credited In Your account.
8. Mutual Fund
Using the Aadhar Card you can also complete ekyc for mutual fund investment as mandated by sebi
Note: Rs 50,000 per year per fund Is the current Limit for E kyc mutual fund. You Need to complete biometric verification For Higher Amounts.
Aadhar Card Update Or Correction
You Can Easily Update Your uidai Aadhar card Online its just few clicks away. All you need is your registered Phone with You. All the steps Are mentioned below to update any detail in your uidai card.
- Log on to the official Aadhaar Self Service Portal (SSUP) at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhaar Card number in the field provided.
- Enter the Text Captcha Verification number that appears below the card number field and click “Generate OTP”.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number,By Entering this OTP you will be able to login to your Uidai account. OTP is manadatory Verification system to avoid someone else editing yours Aadhar card.
- After Loggin Into Your Uidai account Following Above Mentioned steps, You need to Navigate “Data Update Request” page, where you must indicate which data is incorrect on the card and how you wish to update it. Be careful while entering information in this section as these changes will reflect in your Aadhaar Card later.
- In the next option, there is “Documents Required” section where you need to upload an official copy of (or submit according to instructions) a recognized document that validates the required change. For example, if your name on the Aadhar Card has a spelling error or your middle name has been entered as your last name, you will have to send a copy of some form of ID proof that validates your real name.
- Once this is done, you will land on the page “BPO Service Provider Selection” section wherein you will have to choose the BPO Service Provider. Choose either Aegis or Karvy, and hit submit.
- Once the request has been successfully submitted, you can download a copy of the update verification.
Update Aadhar Card Via Post
You Can Also Save the changes in your Aadhar card Via the indian post by sending an update form to uidai postal address. Address to send Aadhaar update/correction request by post is given below. Aaadhar Updation form can be downloaded from the following uidai link https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf. Here are the details you need to fill up in aadhar Updation or correction form.
How To Check Aadhar Update Status
Uidai Provides the Facility to Track You Your aadhar card Update Status. You can Keep A Track Of Your Aadhaar Card Update Status Online Via Uisai.gov.in I.e Official Website Of Aadhar India. Here’s How:
- Visit The Mentioned Link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- Enter Your Aadhar Card Number for which You Had requested An Update.
- There You Will See Whether Your Details Have Been Yet Updated Or Not By Uidai.In case of the offline method, just send an SMS, UID STATUS <14 digit enrollment number> to 51969 and you shall easily receive the status by text.
How To Link Aadhaar card with your Voter ID?
As we Are Already Aware Of, Now It Is Mandatory To Link Aadhar Card with Voter Id card, Pan cand and Your Mobile Number As well. You Do Not need to rush To aadhar centre to do So, You can Complete linking process Right From Your Home.
Visit Uidai.gov.in and On the left click the option Feed Adhaar card. A Pop Up Window Will Appear, Just enterYour name as in aadhar card, Your voter ID number, mobile and email ID, and submit. Your request thus will be registered. Alternatively you can also link your Voter id with aadhar By simply SMS, ECILINK <EPIC_Number> <Aadhaar_Number> to 166 or 51969.
How To Link Aadhar with your Mobile Number?
Visit Your Nearest Retail store of your sim Card As Sim Card Seeding With aadhar Needs Biometric verification and Can’t be done from Home.